Well, it is a beautiful day out when one blogger gives another an award -- and you want to know something else? I got the Life Is Good award from TWO of my favorite bloggers, so I feel pretty smug and good about myself. Okay, I know, I shouldn't use the word "smug" when accepting an award...! :)
If it wasn't for that lil thing called "work," I would have posted this last week to thank them both. I just got back from a business trip to Minneapolis, and it is with delicious, guilty pleasure that I get to chat about these two bloggers, and then talk about the award, and, of course, moi! Oh, and then on to the next six cool bloggers it goes!
You all MUST stop by, get to know, and follow their sites - CMash Loves to Read has a beautiful site full of fantastic insights and *awesome* giveaways and Estella's Revenge is witty and battles through with cool reflections on all things books and ramblings. THANK YOU to both amazing bloggers -- I love your sites!!
In order to accept the award, I must link back to thank the one who issued it, answer 10 questions, and then pass it on to 6 bloggers. So here goes!! (Answers are in bold, and the six bloggers I'm passing the award onto are below!)
Now passing it on to six FANTABULOUS bloggers! I wanted to introduce you to two non-book bloggers as well, since I know we all have other hobbies, right?! :)
- Grace Protzman Photography -- I mean, seriously. Just GORGEOUS pictures -- and where I sometimes get the images on my blog. She'll be getting her images set up on iStockPhoto.com as well. You can also check her out at Digital Graces!
- Weekly Bite -- Some of you may remember that I'm a vegan/vegetarian, and Weekly Bite is written by a Registered Dietitian. This is the blog I like to go to for her recipes. She posts all types of recipes (not just vegan/vegetarian) along with musings on life as well, so check it out!
- Tedious & Brief -- A new-to-me blogger on books and film, check him out! We're also co-hosting the readalong for The Historian as well!
- Silver's Reviews -- Elizabeth is a new-to-me blogger, and I absolutely love her enthusiasm! Welcome this new blogger to your Dashboard!
- The Crowded Leaf -- I'm so excited about presenting this award to The Crowded Leaf and you also MUST jump onto Rozlyn Press, which is the brainchild of The Crowded Leaf. It's a small press founded this year for female fiction novelists, and they also provide freelance editing advice for your work. I know some of us bloggers are also writing our stories out there, so jump onto both The Crowded Leaf and Rozlyn Press.
- Picky Girl -- Picky Girl was my inspiration to get started in the book blogging world. This is how I came across her blog -- I had just finished Elizabeth Kostova's The Swan Thieves and I was trying to find specific information on a painting that was discussed during the story. Somehow I came across Picky Girl's site and I was so excited when I commented on her blog and she responded! When I started looking around on her blog, I saw an entire community of people that had the same love that I had -- reading!! Picky Girl's reviews are so incredibly thoughtful (click to read one of my FAVORITE posts), and I want to personally thank her for her encouragement to start blogging!
Coffee and a Book Chick