Oh, heck YEAH, I'm joining Trish's readalong for Stephen King's The Stand. This will be perfect for The Stephen King Project that Kathleen and I are hosting this year. The Stand is a book I wanted to read this year anyway, and I thought I'd be reading it more in the fall, but hey, if there are going to be a bunch of folks reading it around the same time, then sign me up!
There are two versions of this book, with Stephen King expanding on the story in 1990. I'm going with that "uncut" version for this readalong and I am stoked. I've heard that this is *the* book to read if you want to read Stephen King.
Here are Trish's basics for the readalong:
- When: June 1st through July 27th
- Where: Post your sign up by clicking here. Post midway through the book will go up July 1st, wrap-up will go July 27th. (If you are reading the original version, you should be at Chapter 38 for the midway check-in. If you are reading the "uncut" version, you should be at Chapter 48 for the midway check-in.)
- How: However you want. Original (shorter) version, Uncut version, Audio version.
Standalong Get to Know You
- What makes you want to read The Stand? It's one I've always wanted to read, but my enthusiasm ramped up even more so since Kathleen and I started The Stephen King Project this year. I've heard it's the book to read!
- Describe your preconceived notions of The Stand? It's insanely huge, it's going to consume my life, and I am so READY.
- What was the last scary(ish) book you read or movie you saw? I love, LOVE scary books and movies. The last really scary book I read was another Stephen King book, 'Salem's Lot. That one had me looking over my shoulder.
- Which version of the book will you be reading? I'll probably do a combo of the hardback from the library or ebook version.
- What are your previous experiences with Stephen King? I've been reading a number of his works this year because of The Project, so I feel I've been getting a good education on his writing style. Which I LOVE.
- Anything else you'd like to add (bonus points for being extra random). Stephen King is the MAN.