I don't know about you, but when Carl posts the RIP announcement, I get giddy with glee. You know I like dark and scary books, and the fall season is the. perfect. time.
I implemented changes in July, and basically, I now decline 99% of pitched review requests. I've been happier with my own selections and having no external deadlines. As I don't get paid for my reviews and my regular day-job is much more involved this year since being in my new role, I wanted to ensure that this little corner of my blogosphere continues to just be my happy place with no stress. With that being said, I don't really have any specific reading choices for the upcoming RIP season. I plan to read whatever jumps out at me. Not literally, I hope.
I am committing to Peril the First (read at least four books) and Peril on the Screen (watch scary films). Peril on the Screen will be my reminder to finally watch Rebecca after reading it last year! Not to mention the #ITalong hosted by Fizzy Thoughts and Reading Thru the Night (Annotated Reading) and my own project with Kathleen at The Stephen King Project will clearly be mixed in with this RIP season as well.
Items of Note:
- RIP VII runs September 1 through October 31
- Most Important Rules: Have fun reading and share that fun with others!
- As always, Carl's hired a fabulous artist for this season's artwork. Take a look at Gothicrow's beautiful work here.
- To read all of the RIP particulars and to add the link for your sign-up post, click here.
- Once you've written a review of a book, short story, or film, click here to post your review.