Normally, it does get cold in North Florida in the middle of winter, and although it doesn't get as cold (or any snow) as the Northeast does, we still get twenty degree weather. But this year, it's getting cooler sooner!
So...here's where I've been slipping...the Coffee and a Book Chick blog has received a few awards from some other fantastic blogs in the past few days, and it's taken me a bit to catch up!
There are just such fantastic and amazing book bloggers out there and I'm so excited to introduce you all to these four, in the event you haven't come across their blog yet!
I received The Versatile Blogger award from Kittie Howard's blog on her stories and life experiences -- I so love catching up on her site! Thank you! No rules on this award this time, so I get to just issue this out -- yay! So I'd like to issue this to and introduce you to:
The Versatile Blogger
- Tedious & Brief -- books and film, and my fellow co-host for The Historian Readalong at On the Ledge Readalongs
- Down The Rabbit Hole -- I love YA books, and that's what is discussed here, and I so love her blog name and her site address (AmberInBlunderland)
- My Reading Room -- I just came across her site, and it's fantastic!
- Peppermint, Ph.D. -- Wonderful insights at this blog, you must stop by!
And then from Page Turners Gone Wild, I received the Cherry on Top Award! Woohoo!! Thanks!! All you have to do is answer one question, pass the award on to six people, and thank the sender to the award -- so again, thank you! (And I love her blog name, too!)
Question: "If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in life, would I, and what would it be?"
Answer: Heck, yeah! I could go on and on... and would probably pick I should have tried to everything I could to be the chick version of Indiana Jones. Indianette? Love it.
And I'm issuing out this Cherry on Top Award to...
- Living Outside the Stacks -- Great book reviews and fabulous social issues discussion!
- Buttery Books -- Oh, yes, a book blog dedicated to taking the wonderful books we all read and review, and using that as inspiration to creating recipes that are based on that book! (Example: Corelli's Mandolin Greek setting in Cephalonia generated some amazing Greek food -- breads, baklava, ahhh...)
- Under My Apple Tree -- The site is clean and beautiful, and the reviews are fabulous!
- Vintage Reads -- Just because. It is absolutely wonderful.
- Wicked Awesome Books -- How could you not like this YA site? Check it out!
- The Unread Reader -- I adore this site, simply fun!
And then, last but not least the One Lovely Blog Award...
I received the One Lovely Blog Award from Book Loving Mommy and Bibliosue! Thank you!! The rules are to thank the one who awarded you (gracias!) and pay it forward to 15 other bloggers newly discovered! So, here goes:
- The More You Read
- The Reading Life
- The Literary Amnesiac
- The Infinite Shelf
- Tell Me A Story
- A Writer's Review
- Literary Musings
- Bookgirl's Nightstand
- Reads, Reviews, Recommends (Kate Evagelista)
- Steampunkery & Book Reviews
- Giving Reading a Chance
- e-Volving Books
- Another Book Junkie
Now, back to reading! :)
Coffee and a Book Chick