Just a reminder that these are my favorites books, whether released this year or not.
BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR. Hands down.
Wool Omnibus, by Hugh Howey
BEST AUDIO OF THE YEAR
It, by Stephen King, narrated by Steven Weber
One of Stephen King's classics, this audiobook is expertly delivered by actor Steven Weber. Because of his narration, many of his characters that I might have found challenging to read were easily understood through Weber's flawless skills. Not to mention that the scary parts were just that. much. scarier. because of Steven Weber. Each character was distinct and recognizable and I couldn't be happier with recommending this audiobook to everyone that wants to try audio. I listen to audiobooks while I run and this is the book that helped me get through my longest run of more than six miles at the time.
My Favorite Books Read in 2012 are (in alphabetical order):
- Baker Towers, by Jennifer Haigh
- The Casual Vacancy, by JK Rowling
- Clair de Lune, by Jetta Carlton
- Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
- In the Woods, by Tana French
- The Lathe of Heaven, by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Poison Tree, by Erin Kelly.
- The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
- Shantaram, by Gregory David Roberts (I haven't finished it yet, but is it presumptuous to know it will be one of my favorites this year?
- The Stand, by Stephen King
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce
My Favorite Audiobooks Listened To in 2012 are (in alphabetical order):
- Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall
- The Breathing Method, by Stephen King
- Days of Blood and Starlight, by Laini Taylor
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor
- Divergent, by Veronica Roth
- The Exorcist, by William Peter Blatty
- Legion, by Brandon Sanderson
- Lullaby, by Chuck Palahniuk
- The Shining, by Stephen King
- The Scorpio Races, by Maggie Stiefvater
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, by Haruki Murakami
What's on your list?