Although I have lived in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area (Hampton Roads) before, being away for almost six years made me look at it differently. I'm proud of this little spot in Southeast Virginia, and I wanted to reintroduce myself to all the fun and local sites.
So "A Walk About Town," a new feature here at Coffee and a Book Chick, was born. For December, I'd like to highlight each week a place I've visited. After the month, I'll evaluate and decide if it will continue. Since I also travel frequently for work, I might also want to do a quick recap of something about the city that I enjoyed. No boundaries here, you know?
And then I thought...about extending it out to anyone who may want to participate. So I've attached a Linky at the bottom of this post.
- For the month of December 2011, every Thursday (or Friday), I'll post about a place I've visited in the past week.
- Whether it's a book store, a restaurant, a movie theater, or a new shop I've been meaning to visit, I want to document it.
- The blog button in the sidebar is open for anyone who wants to participate.
- Those who do participate, add your post to the Linky below.
- You don't need to add a ton of pictures, or any at all. Do what you like.
- You don't need to join every week. Whenever you like. Just post your link to my weekly post.
So that's the plan. I hope you'll join me as I'd love to take a peek into your local town, or a city you've visited!
Prince Books, an Independent Bookstore in Norfolk, Virginia
Imagine my delight when I learned that Norfolk, Virginia had an independent bookstore. With its warm and inviting atmosphere, a lunchtime café and a great bookstore staff, I knew it was going to be *the* place to go to for author events.
Prince Books opened in 1982 and focuses on poetry, history, biography, boating, travel, and also features a children's section (along with YA titles). The books I bought were The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, The Complete Fairy Tales by George MacDonald, and The Redbreast by Jo Nesbø. I cannot wait to attend the events they'll be hosting in 2012!
|Look at all the Penguins...|
|The shopfront at night when we left|